Defending champions DHL Western Province will play their 2013 Vodacom Cup quarterfinal – against GWK Griquas – at DHL Newlands this Saturday (kick-off 15h30).
Entry will be free for season ticket holders (adults and scholars), but seating will be unreserved for everyone on Saturday. Non season-ticket holders can purchase tickets for R20 on the day from the Newlands box office, whilst the scholars enclosure will also be open.
Western Province will host a third successive home quarterfinal under the guidance of coach John Dobson and they have chosen to play this knockout game at their home stadium – having played home league matches in Athlone, Paarl and Strand this season.
“It’s great to be back at DHL Newlands for such a big match,” said Dobson, whose team beat Griquas in last year’s final in Kimberley – as DHL WP won the Vodacom Cup for the first time.
“I’ve said all along this year, it’s a whole new challenge for what is a very young DHL Western Province team. But the guys – most of whom are new to senior rugby and the Vodacom Cup – have bounced back well from a slow start to get a home quarterfinal.
“I’m sure Griquas will be eyeing the match with a bit of revenge on their minds. For us, however, it’s all about getting the win and staying in contention to win the 2013 Vodacom Cup title.”
ARRANGEMENTS FOR SATURDAY:
– Only the Lower Grandstand (Ramp and Level One) seating and both scholars sections will be open on Saturday, May 4.
– Seating on the Lower Grandstand is UNRESERVED and sold at R20.
– Tickets are available from the DHL Newlands box office only. Sales commence on Saturday, May 4 from 12h00 to 15h30 (from the Newlands box office).
– Season tickets are valid for free entry, but seating is UNRESERVED on the Lower Grandstand only.
– Scholars season tickets are valid for free entry to the scholars areas.